You’ll have enough to think about on your road trip – like how much farther through Louisiana you can make it without stopping for gas and where on this vast green planet is a cup of coffee – without worrying about things like sunscreen. So I’ve prepared your perfect road trip list, complete with music.
Also, where are you going? Can I come?
- Simple cleansing facial wipes for freshening up on long hauls.
- Method All-Purpose cleaning and disinfecting wipes in lemon verbena because you never know what you’ll find out there.
- Keep these in the car for sketchy bathrooms (or no bathrooms).
- Neutrogena intense hand cream for hands that go lizard in the sun.
- Coppertone spray sunscreen because you feel like you’re inside, but you’re still going to get burned, especially as you swing past the Grand Canyon.
- 5-Hour Energy for when the sign says “Ten zillion miles to the next coffee.”
- Nature Valley dark chocolate and nut trail mix bars because they’re delicious.
- Sparkling Asian Pear Ginger Kombucha – you’ll never want to stop at Starbucks again with this in your car.
- Houdini – Foster the People
- Second Song – TV on the Radio
- The Modern Leper – Frightened Rabbit
- Pickup Truck – Kings of Leon
- Permalight – Rogue Wave
- Sleepyhead – Passion Pit
- Burn it All Down – VHS or Beta
- Mouthful of Diamonds – Phantogram
- 40 Day Dream – Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Stop before you get tired, watch out for cops, take lots of pictures, and have fun.